Monday, October 17, 2011

Manic Monday


Dedication: To the brave and always stylish Giuliana Rancic.



Monday’s are always chaotic! For some reason, I always hit the snooze button way too many times and manage to wake up nearly 15 minutes late; today was no exception.  Although I woke up late, I still engaged in the traditional routine just a whole lot slower. It’s usually coffee, hair, make-up, 20 minutes in front of the closet pondering what the heck to wear and occasional toggling between The Today Show and Good Morning America. Today I was eager to turn on the television recalling Bethenny Frankel had tweeted she would be on The Today Show. A huge fan of the blunt, former NY Housewife I decided the switching would be left for another time and listened to the The Today Show.

In those 20 minutes in front of the closet, I happened to hear Ann Curry tease an interview with Giuliana Rancic. Like most of you I thought the news would be jubilant and something Giuliana fans have been eagerly wishing for her. (It’s no secret that the E! News anchor, reality star and fashionista has been struggling with fertility issues. She’s courageously shared her struggle with viewers via her Style Network reality show, Giuliana and Bill.) Instead I heard a shocking revelation; Rancic, 36, has been recently diagnosed with early stage breast cancer. I, like so many others, watched her bravely share her story and encourage women to get tested.

As mentioned in a previous post, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I ask you to please take a few minutes to watch this morning’s Today Show clip. After you’ve watched it, make sure to call, email, text and ask all the important women in your life whether they’ve scheduled their yearly mammogram. It only takes a few minutes! Early detection is extremely prevalent and can help save a life!

Giuliana- thank you for sharing your story with fans, viewers and the world. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this trying time. You’re a strong fighter and inspiration to us all. 


1 comment:

  1. I too heard the news and found it very sad. I feel like she is related to me or like i know her. I am also glad she made this very public as to help.

    Is it a coincidence she announces it october ? probably not, but none the less I hope it does spread the word.

    ReplyDelete