Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bracing the Elements

Dedication: To the world's greatest coach, Coach Rudy.

A few weeks ago I shared how I was inspired to fulfill my new year's resolution of running a 5K. Please know this has not been an epic fail, on the contrary, I've been rigorously training for the race. I'm not up to a 9 minute mile or remotely close to it, but I'm running without stopping. Trust me when I say this is a big deal for a 4'9 girl who always comes in last.

Training hasn't been easy and juggling it with my crazy school schedule has been even harder. However, I have an amazing coach (shout out to Rudy Fernandez), who although he's miles away does everything possible to inspire me to keep going (i.e. text, email, call, etc.).  This weekend as winter decided to come early, I thought how does a girl from sunny South Florida run in the cold?

This is how....

(Me with way too much clothes!)

I swear it was a tough run and the longest I've ever done without stopping!

I'm in for an interesting few weeks as the weather will only continue to drop, but no worries. I got lots of gloves and headbands (courtesy of Nikki and Katrina) to keep me warm throughout my runs.

Hasta next time,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment